Three and half years ago, I started Fix & Fogg with my wife Andrea when we were expecting our first child. Previously both lawyers, we made the choice to leave behind the corporate life and dedicate our time and energy to creating something meaningful, sustainable, and delicious. We decided to make the world’s best peanut butter.
We love that we make every jar of Fix & Fogg peanut butter from start to finish in our factory in Wellington. From designing our labels to our carefully blended peanut butter, we’re completely hands-on throughout the entire process. We think our award-winning peanut butters are so popular because people can taste the difference in a product that’s handmade by humans who care about quality.
At Fix & Fogg we work with charities that mean a lot to us. We believe in giving back to the community that supports us - it's a big part of who we are and what makes us tick.
We donate peanut butter to the following charities:
- Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington City Missions
- Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington Women's Refuges
- Ronald McDonald Houses
- Love Soup Whangarei, Rotorua and Tokoroa
We also believe in doing our bit for the environment which is why we’re big on reducing food waste, recycling, offering a public jar return at our Eva Street window, and delivering our peanut butter within the CBD by cargo bike with our buddies at NoCar Cargo.
For every jar that's returned to us, we make a 20c donation to the Free Store, who redistribute surplus food from Wellington eateries to those who need it most.
Peanut butter is a naturally nutritious food packed full of goodness. Too often however, companies take shortcuts and fill it with preservatives, additives, emulsifiers, foreign oils, sugar and lots of salt. Our peanut butter is simple and healthy: we use extra dark roasted hi-oleic peanuts and a sparing amount of organic Marlborough sea salt. Hi-oleic peanuts are a special type of peanut known for their great flavour and high levels (39%) of monounsaturated fats - that's the good stuff, like the type found in olive oil, which has been linked to reducing cardiovascular disease and lowering cholesterol.
Our peanut butter has been nutritionally analysed and the results show that one 25g serving (about a heaped tablespoon) of Super Crunchy or Smooth peanut butter will give you the following nutrition towards your
recommended daily intake:
- 16% - protein: necessary for tissue building and repair
- 16% - magnesium: promotes good nerve & muscle function, and reduces tiredness & fatigue
- 11% - manganese: good for energy metabolism and bone formation
- 11% - phosphorus: necessary for healthy teeth and bones
- 7% - zinc: promotes healthy skin and wound healing
- 5% - iron: helps reduce tiredness and fatigue, and contributes to a healthy immune system
- 4% - copper: contributes to cell protection from free radical damage
- Less than 1% of your RDI for sugar (0.5%) and salt (0.3%)